- What is the IJICC?
The International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change is an academic journal that publishes scholarly work that promotes and fosters innovation, creativity, and change in all fields of endeavour. The focus is on papers that will be influential in their field or across fields and will significantly advance understanding in their topics.
- Does the IJICC publish articles on any topic?
The Journal currently publishes articles in the fields of: anthropology, sociology, politics, culture, history, philosophy, economics, education, management, arts, business, law, linguistics and psychology. The Journal does NOT publish articles which discuss, Race, Gender, Sex, Sexuality, Terrorism, and/or Violence.
- Is the IJICC Indexed?
Yes. The IJICC is currently ranked as a Q2 (SCImago 2020) Ranked Journal. The IJICC is indexed /listed by Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), Google Scholar, Resurchify, Academic Accelerator and Ulrich's.
- Can I Submit an article via email?
No. All article submissions are to be submitted using the online submission function.
- Does the IJICC publish articles in any language other than English?
No. The IJICC has a strict English language policy and only publishes articles in English.
- What is the IJICC’s preferred referencing style.
All articles should use the APA 6 referencing style throughout.
- Does the IJICC provide a submission article template?
No. Submitting authors should ensure that article submissions meet the current Paper Formatting Guidelines.
- My article has four or more authors, but the submission function only allows the listing of three authors. Can I submit an article with four or more Authors?
Yes. Only the first three (3) authors need be listed on the submission form. Please ensure that all authors are accurately listed within the article itself.
- Does the IJICC have a maximum article length?
Yes. All submitted articles must be less than 7,000 words and less than 25 pages in length (incl. References).
- I have submitted an article. How do I withdraw my article submission?
To remove an article submission from consideration, please contact the editor’s office via firstname.lastname@example.org. You must quote your corresponding submission number # with your request.
- What is the IJICC Article Review Process?
Submitted articles undergo the following review process before publication:
- An electronic review through plagiarism and similarity checking software;
- An initial review, the article is checked to see whether it meets the aim and scope of the journal as well as basic quality standards;
- A double-blind peer-review;
- An editorial board review by a select committee of the editorial board;
- Final Publication
Further information regarding the Journal’s strict review process can be found here.
- How long does my submission take to be initially reviewed?
Due to the strict nature of our review process, and the current popularity of the journal, initial reviews generally take 6-8 weeks to complete. Authors are notified of the outcome of their initial review via email.
- How long does my submission take to be peer reviewed?
Due to the strict nature of our review process, and the current popularity of the journal, peer reviews generally take an additional 6-8 weeks to complete. Authors will be asked to address any issues identified under peer review. This may prolong the review process, as amended articles are subject to further review.
- Does the IJICC offer a ‘fast-tracked’ review process?
No. Due to the strict nature of our review process, and the current popularity of the journal, the IJICC does NOT offer a fast-tracked review process.
- How do I check the current status of my article submission?
Authors can email the editor’s office via email@example.com. Authors must quote their corresponding submission number #.
- I received an acceptance letter does this guarantee the publication of my article in the IJICC?
No. Acceptance letters are issued to authors whose articles have passed an initial review only. All articles are subject to strict peer and editorial board review prior to publication. The payment of any fees does not guarantee the publication of any article.
- What happens if my article is declined under an initial review?
Authors who are declined under an initial review will be notified via email. An article which requires minor revisions to meet the selection criteria may be directed towards our Academic Support Service to assist authors in improving the quality of their article(s).
- What happens if my article is declined under a peer review?
Authors who are declined under a peer review will be notified via email. An article which requires minor revisions to meet the selection criteria may be directed towards our Academic Support Service to assist authors in improving the quality of their article(s).
- Does the IJICC charge a publication fee?
Yes. To facilitate the continuation of a quality open-access Journal, the IJICC charges a publication fee to cover costs. The publication fee varies depending on the requested services and the requirements of each individual article to meet the journal’s strict publication standards. Authors are notified of their respective publication fees once their article has passed an initial review.
- Does the IJICC accept bulk submissions from conferences or alike?
No. Due to the current popularity of the journal and our strict review requirements, the journal does not currently except multiple submissions. All submissions are to be made by individual authors through the online submission function.
- Can I organise a special edition for publication?
No. Due to the current popularity of the journal and our strict review requirements, the journal does not currently accept applications for special editions. At present, only editorial board members are encouraged to organise special editions for publication.
- Can I apply to become a member of the editorial board?
Yes. All applications for editorial board positions can be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org. Academics are to include a CV which demonstrates their academic employment and publication history.
- What are ‘Third-Party Academic Support Services’?
The IJICC Currently uses third-party Academic Support Services to enable authors, specifically those from non-English speaking backgrounds, to present papers of a high standard ready for peer review. Such fees payable are not associated with this journal. Please be advised that using and paying for such third-party services does not guarantee publication in this journal. This journal has a strict peer-review process. The IJICC’s current support service partner is Intellectual Edge Consultancy (IEC).
- What do I do if I come across an issue of quality or an infringement of the publication ethics in a published article?
The Journal and its editorial board take issues of quality and ethics extremely seriously. Should any issue occur, please contact the editors office via email@example.com.